Software Engineer, Date Engineer
Company: Rhove (https://rhove.com/)
Do you love making sense of data? You've come to the right place. We’re looking for an engineer to join our team to help build our data processing, modeling, and warehousing infrastructure. You will be designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new software or enhancements from a variety of data sources and formats to support our business objectives. Yes, that's the full lifecycle from on-boarding new data sources to building data products around these sources, and supporting the evolving use cases of these data products.
You will work on a team of a equally passionate engineers and scientists building a truly awesome business. Together, we will bring positive change to the world. Here's a little bit about us - be sure to check out our Core Values below too.
There is never a typical day at Rhove, but that’s why we love it here! This is an incredible opportunity to build a rewarding career and be a part of a venture backed startup that is closing the gap between renting and homeownership. Rhove’s Rent to Earn platform provides tenants with tools to get a return on their monthly rent. Real estate developers and property owners utilize Rhove to attract and retain the best tenants, lower their marketing costs, reduce turnover expenses and maximize occupancy.
You will develop, test, and deploy solutions to support business and product requirements; following shared life cycle methodologies, creating design documents, and of course, a good amount of software development and testing; In addition you will:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture for Rhove property data
- Develop processes to assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery
- Develop automated testing/validation for ETL processes; existing and new
- Collaborate with other team members, both technical and non technical, for validation of data modeling & to understand the product requirements
- Monitor data source evolution to ensure consistency of the downstream data products
- Manage risk by anticipating changes within the data structures by keeping abreast of standards around our data sources (for example, MITS and RETA)
- Resolve technical issues by thoughtful debugging, research, and investigation
- A burning desire to learn and continually improve yourself
- Ability to think forward
- Strong verbal and written communication
Desired Skills and Experience
We're looking for someone who has put in the time to learn and become and expert at their trade. Whether from a formal education system or by exposure and self study. We need you to be honest about what you are and are not capable of. We’re looking for someone with 2 or more years of demonstrable experience with:
- Relational SQL databases (NoSQL databases are a plus)
- Building and optimizing data sets, data pipelines, and data architectures
- At least one of these technologies: Spark, Nifi, Beam
- At least one of these technologies: Luigi, Airflow, AWS Glue, AWS Data Pipelines, Azkaban
And familiarity with these AWS cloud products * RDS * AWS Glue * Data pipelines * Lambdas * Cloudformation * DynamoDB
- Choice of healthcare plan that is right for you and/or your family
- Employer-matched Health Savings Account
- Dental, vision, basic life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Equity stock option plan
- Authenticity - We are honest, open, ethical, and fair. People trust us to adhere to our word.
- Curiosity & Creativity - We embrace reason and the scientific method. Curiosity drives creativity. We continuously learn from others and the world, ask interesting questions, test our hypotheses, make conclusions and apply knowledge. We take risks, develop and apply good judgement, cultivate our own voice, and celebrate the expression of others.
- Remarkable - We solve hard problems. We take moon shots and swing for the fences. We operate in the realm of the adjacent possible.
- Diversity & Inclusion - We embrace people with dignity and respect regardless of their background, race, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, belief system, nationality, or sexual orientation. We foster the appreciation of, and seek to engage, different perspectives and ideas.
- Deliberate - We are purpose driven. We act with intention. We are organized and timely. Our actions are considerate of the best interests of our team members, customers, stakeholders, investors, the market, and ourselves.
- Autonomy & Responsibility - We hold ourselves and each other accountable to the highest standards. We are proactive and dependable. We have a high tolerance for disciplined experimentation and failure but no tolerance for incompetence.
- Grit & Resilience - We overcome challenges. We operate with courage, resolve, and strength of character. We make mistakes, learn from them, and break through.
- Pride & Swagger - We take pride in our work and ourselves. We put in the extra effort, walk the walk, deliver and win. We understand our limitations, overcome them and strive for greatness. We bring our best selves and contribute to the success of our team, customers and stakeholders.
- Fulfillment - We are content. Our work is meaningful, challenging and makes a positive difference. Our collaboration contributes to the happiness and well-being of our team and families.