Software Engineer, Web Application Developer
Company: Rhove (https://rhove.com/)
There is never a typical day at Rhove, but that’s why we love it here! This is an incredible opportunity to build a rewarding career and be a part of a venture backed startup that is closing the gap between renting and homeownership. Rhove’s Rent to Earn platform provides tenants with tools to get a return on their monthly rent. Real estate developers and property owners utilize Rhove to attract and retain the best tenants, lower their marketing costs, reduce turnover expenses and maximize occupancy.
The successful applicant will be able to develop, test, and deploy solutions to support business and product requirements; follows shared life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing; and resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Writing client-facing web applications from the ground (or database) up in React and Node.
- Building out well-designed, responsive user experiences.
- Adding features and styled-components to our rhove.com Gatsby site.
- Creating internal applications to support our team in their work to add new Rhovers and Rhove properties.
- Creating component libraries for reuse within and across projects.
- Writing visual, integration, and/or unit tests to ensure code quality.
Desired Skills and Experience
We’re looking for someone with experience in a mixture of the following technologies:
- NoSQL and MySQL
- Choice of healthcare plan that is right for you and/or your family
- Employer-matched Health Savings Account
- Dental, vision, basic life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Equity stock option plan
- Authenticity - We are honest, open, ethical, and fair. People trust us to adhere to our word.
- Curiosity & Creativity - We embrace reason and the scientific method. Curiosity drives creativity. We continuously learn from others and the world, ask interesting questions, test our hypotheses, make conclusions and apply knowledge. We take risks, develop and apply good judgement, cultivate our own voice, and celebrate the expression of others.
- Remarkable - We solve hard problems. We take moon shots and swing for the fences. We operate in the realm of the adjacent possible.
- Diversity & Inclusion - We embrace people with dignity and respect regardless of their background, race, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, belief system, nationality, or sexual orientation. We foster the appreciation of, and seek to engage, different perspectives and ideas.
- Deliberate - We are purpose driven. We act with intention. We are organized and timely. Our actions are considerate of the best interests of our team members, customers, stakeholders, investors, the market, and ourselves.
- Autonomy & Responsibility - We hold ourselves and each other accountable to the highest standards. We are proactive and dependable. We have a high tolerance for disciplined experimentation and failure but no tolerance for incompetence.
- Grit & Resilience - We overcome challenges. We operate with courage, resolve, and strength of character. We make mistakes, learn from them, and break through.
- Pride & Swagger - We take pride in our work and ourselves. We put in the extra effort, walk the walk, deliver and win. We understand our limitations, overcome them and strive for greatness. We bring our best selves and contribute to the success of our team, customers and stakeholders.
Fulfillment - We are content. Our work is meaningful, challenging and makes a positive difference. Our collaboration contributes to the happiness and well-being of our team and families.